With talk of the latest coronavirus running rampant, we thought it would be a good time to go over some of the basics for keeping you and pals virus free along with creating some peace and joy in your current environment. And also to reassure you in this time of uncertainty – remember this is only temporary.
The media seems to be a constant stream of virus information on who has it and where it’s the most prevalent. And that non-stop flood of information can make all of us feel a bit anxious. Take a breather and consider these ideas.
What can you do for you?
- Do get out and go for a walk, since the gym is closed. Or do facetime work-outs with your sibs or co-workers.
- Express gratitude daily.
- Stay in touch with Grandma by calling or Facetime her.
- Check to see if the elderly people (over 70) are in need of anything.
- Reconnect with your family and current ‘roommates’ – play games, get to know each other better.
- Try out some new recipes or use this time for forced in-home cooking lessons. #whodoesntbenefitfromgoodcooking
- Read a book.
- Call a friend.
- Do some home/apartment projects that you’ve been wanting to do.
- Set aside time to develop a self care routine and then act on it.
- Create a habit of taking a few minutes in the morning to do something that most benefits you (before catering to the new members of your quarantined home).
- Rent a movie and stay home, since movie theaters aren’t really an option right now.
Just to reiterate some hygiene basics:
- Wash, wash, wash your hands when you are out in public and before you eat or drink anything. Think of everything you touch as you go about your day and all the people before you who have touched the very same things.
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water is best but if that isn’t available use hand sanitizer. Rub it in thoroughly and shake your hands to dry.
- Do not touch your face. And this we know is a hard one because it always seems like our noses are itchy.
- Don’t share food or drinks.
- Don’t shake hands, hug or kiss.
- In public, keep at least 6 feet away from people.
- Avoid places where more than 10 people are gathered.
- If you have to go out, wear a facemask if needed and keep your distance from other people.
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze and then wash your hands.
- Clean surfaces you touch in your home with disinfectant.
Take A Hike:
Most importantly, if you are not feeling well, stay home and self isolate. But let someone know so they can check on you. Practice the hygiene basics.
Regardless, it’s time to be as positive as possible. Assess your situation and do as many of the ‘What can you do for you?’ tips as possible starting today.
Some of the key coronavirus virus symptoms include a high temperature, cough, and breathing difficulties. Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse.
You create your experience by what you think, so make your attitude a good one.