Yes, it’s that time of year again. No, not tax season but flu season. We want to help keep you healthy and make sure if you do have symptoms you don’t spread the love, if you get our drift.
So the best case scenario is to not get the flu in the first place. How you say? Well, let’s review the basics to prevent this infirmity notice from knocking on your door.
- Wash, wash, wash your hands with soap and water and if you don’t have access to water use hand sanitizer. And do this routine every time you are out in public. Think door knobs, elevator buttons, handshakes, absolutely, everything your fingers touch. There are viruses just waiting to tag along.
- Don’t share your drinks or food.
- If you are out and about don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands first.
- Drink lots of hydrating fluids. Remember, alcohol and coffee are dehydrating.
- Try your darndest to get plenty of sleep.
- Wipe your phone and computer keyboard with sanitizing wipes. And while your at it, also wipe your steering wheel and frequently touched areas of your car.
- Consider getting a flu shot and not the kind that comes in a shot glass.
Take A Hike:
In our book, the number one thing you can do to prevent getting or spreading the flu is to wash your hands. Rest up, drink plenty of fluids, and keep your distance or limit your time spent with people who are under the weather. Everyone hates shots but think seriously about getting the flu shot.
Nyquil on the rocks is not the answer. If you have a temp or are feeling out of sorts don’t try to make it into work. Don’t try to make it to happy hour with the guys. Don’t kiss your SO, don’t kiss anyone. The flu can strike anyone. But age, either older or younger, can be especially vulnerable.
Some of these might help too Naturally Feel Better -> Remedies That Work.