Does your bathroom look like a science experiment in the making? Should the pink stuff growing around your drain really be in a petri dish? Is there enough hair on your bathroom floor to make a toupe’? It just might be time to clean the bathroom.
If cleaned regularly, and by that we mean once a week (or at least once a month) not once a year, the bathroom can be kept in good shape with relative ease. Distilled white vinegar is a great disinfectant and cleaner for use in the bathroom. Mix 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. You can buy more expensive bathroom cleaners, but vinegar works pretty well. However, DON’T use vinegar on stone, marble or granite as it can etch it.
- Spray around your sink, faucets and counter top letting the vinegar solution soak in.
- Using your vinegar solution, lightly spray your mirror and wipe with clean paper towels.
- Using the same paper towels wipe your faucet, sink and counter top.
- Spray your toilet from the tank down to the rim, under the rim and down to the base of the toilet. Using paper towels wipe from the tank down to the floor, around the base of the toilet and discard. Spray inside the toilet and using a toilet brush scrub under the rim around the bowl and right on down to the hole. Flush. If it has been awhile since you have cleaned, repeat this whole process and make sure you use your nitrile gloves.
- Tub/shower-spray down the walls, any flat surfaces and faucet, with the vinegar solution. Let this set for a few minutes and wipe everything down. Repeat if needed.
- Shake out the rugs (outside) and launder them at least every other month.
- Sweep/vacuum the floor.
- Using the vinegar solution, lightly spray your floors. Wipe them dry with paper towels as you finish up your bathroom cleaning project.
Bleach wipes are an excellent alternative to the inexpensive vinegar solution and work well for cleaning the toilet and surfaces.
Take a Hike:
This is the week! Get your vinegar and gloves and get that bathroom cleaned! Follow the steps above and you will be done in no time. Mom would be proud!
A dirty bathroom can look like a bigger project than it really is. But it’s a small room. Set aside some time, it really won’t take that long, and tackle this job.
If the shower spray is barely a sprinkle, try filling a sandwich bag with white vinegar and rubber banding it to the shower head overnight. The vinegar will help to remove hard water deposits that build up. Welcome back wonderful shower!
Cover the rest of your place with Make Apartment Cleaning A Breeze… Tidy in 10.