Following up on the success of our first post on easy ways to make extra money, we thought we’d give you a few more side hustle ideas.
- Love pets? Rover is a website and app that connects you with local pets looking for sitters and walkers. You might also offer to scoop pet waste once you are connected. #cashinoncrap
- Have a car you would be willing to rent out. Check out Turo and Getaround. In the warmer months it might be nice to use your bike and cash in on the extra money your car can generate.
- Have a car and don’t mind driving. Think about driving for Uber and Lyft. The great part is you decide when you have free time if you are available.
- Again, have a car and don’t mind driving, think about delivering food. UberEats and Doordash are just a couple food delivery services looking for extra delivery people.
- And our last car and driver idea. Instacart is an app that has you shop and deliver groceries in your spare time.
- Have an extra room you’d like to rent out? Airbnb is a great platform to help get you started.
- Do you know the area you live in? Think about being a local travel guide. Airbnb Experience looks for people with local knowledge to guide travelers staying in your area.
- Watering, fertilizing plants and deadheading flowers. Check in with local hotels, businesses, golf courses or people in your neighborhood. Warmer weather can bring all kinds of yard jobs–think weeding and lawn mowing.
- Weddings and family reunions are big business during the summer months. Many venues look for extra help in the form of servers and bartenders. Most receptions are held in the evenings or on weekends.
- House sit. Summer is the time of year for vacays and we always feel a little better having our house checked on while we are gone.
Take a Hike:
Do you have something you are saving money for? Or maybe just want to pay down that student loan. Check out these side hustles and see if you can’t increase your extra cash, which is always a good thing.
One other thought is to stash that extra cash into an emergency fund – See . Yeah, that sounds boring, but when the time comes you will breathe easier knowing you have a little something to fall back on. See the Sherpas How to Save Emergency Money for a Rainy Day for more details.
And for a refresher, take a look back at Want an Easy Way to Make Some Extra Money?