Finished classes-check! Completed exams-check! Final projects turned in-check! Graduation-check, check! While this is the end of one chapter of your life, it is the beginning of a new. This is the perfect opportunity to give yourself the gift of being a better you. How can you help you and the world?
- Strive to find what you are passionate about, and if you can, incorporate it into a job-all the better. It will make you happy your whole life long.
- Just be you; quirky, eccentric, different, whatever it is that you are- be it and don’t try to cover it up or hide it under a rock or be someone you are not. Embrace just who you are.
- Know that you matter, always.
- Make choices that you never look back on with regret. And if you do make a bad choice, learn from it and move on.
- Wake up with a positive outlook. Or try to be as positive as possible. The world is full of negative people. Let’s try to re-balance the world.
- Always speak the truth.
- Be grateful. No matter how big or small, find something to be thankful for every day.
- Never stop learning. While you might have a new diploma or degree, the world keeps moving on. Move with it.
Take a Hike:
This is a great time to make new friends, find new jobs, move to new places, try new things, and find your niche in the world. The world is your oyster. If you incorporate the above into your life, you will be the better for it… and the world will benefit too! Choose this now! Lastly, don’t be afraid to lead. The world needs good leaders.
It’s never too late to get started on any of the points above. So what if you are 18, 25, 30, 40, 50, just wake up and tell yourself today is going to be different. “I am going to be truthful.” “I am going to be grateful.” “I matter.” “I made a bad choice and I am forgiving myself and moving on.” “I am going to be positive no matter what.”
Have fun with Finding Your Passions in 10 minutes!