Set goals and achieve the future you dream of!
Gain control of your life’s direction and focus on what is important to you. Now is a great time to reflect on what you want to accomplish in 2019.
A New Year and a New Resolution
Now is a great time to think about the life you have and the life you want to have. Want to lose a few, get a new job, run a marathon, or travel to China? Are there areas of your life you would like to see improved? Setting goals and completing them is very self-satisfying and doable, especially when they are broken down into small manageable chunks. #resolutionsrarelywork
Successful Goal Setting
It can be hard to set and achieve your goals. After all, they are probably pretty big and awesome. But, follow these simple steps to make them real.
- Set goals that are important to YOU. Otherwise, you will likely abandon them after a short while.
- Write down specific and measurable goals. This allows you to definitively know when you have achieved one.
- Break your goals into smaller pieces so you can see progress on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. This is a must.
- Make your goals visible. There is something motivating about seeing your goals posted next to your desk or sharing them with others. It makes you work harder to achieve them. #toldyouso
- Make an action plan and don’t forget to celebrate your successes along the way. As you get through the first month, you may have to reset some of your goals, and that is okay. Expect some bumps or challenges along the way, just don’t give up!
Areas of your Life to consider for Goals
- Are you saving for retirement? Do you have an emergency fund? What about paying off debt? Saving for a new car? #rainydayfund
- Want to lose some weight? Get in better shape? Complete a triathlon or bike race? Eat healthier?
- How about developing more positive relationships? Want to meet new people with similar interests?
- Want to reduce stress in your life? Want to give back more?
- Want to earn a degree? How about learning more about a new technology or topic of interest? What about improving your grades?
- Want a new job? How about getting a promotion or raise? Could you learn a new skill or system at work?
When you take time to consciously decide what you want to accomplish in life, it helps you focus your time, money, and energy. You can do it! #success
Take a Hike:
If you have never set goals for yourself, you may need to start small. Pick just one area in your life to work on. Think about what you want to accomplish by the end of the year and how to break that into weekly or monthly milestones celebrate as you accomplish them, and reset or adjust goals as needed.
Write your goals for 2019 this week (before New Year’s Eve) with the simple steps given, and start making them real. #justdoit
Take some time and think about how you are feeling about your life and where you want to be in say 5 years. Write down all of the things you want to do, achieve, or have in your life. Then think about what you can do in the next year to move incrementally closer to obtaining those. #neverquit